The Starbucks holiday drinks are out and they are delicious! I’m a big fan of peppermint and coffee together, so the peppermint mocha is one of my personal favorites. But, over the last year or so, I’ve been moving to more white chocolate based drinks. That’s why I’ve been perfecting the best peppermint white mocha at home and now I’m ready to share it with you today!
This drink is so easy to make with just a few ingredients. And, since I didn’t have peppermint syrup on hand, I made it using my own recipe which takes just a few minutes. I’ll give you all the details below.
Oh, and if curious why my cup is purple – this is one of the cool color changing cups from Starbucks! you can buy them in packs of 5 and we love them. You can’t always tell what color it will turn before you use it, though, so that’s how I ended up with the purple one here. You can buy them in the store.
Now, on to the coffee!
Iced Peppermint Mocha: Ingredients
You only need one syrup, one sauce, your espresso and milk of choice, and then ice if you like it iced. You can make this hot, too, just don’t use ice and heat the milk using a milk frother.
- Espresso Shots: I used two of my favorite Starbucks blonde roast espresso pods. Each makes one espresso shot. This set from Amazon is the best deal I’ve found. A double shot is what I put in a medium or grande size, so that’s two pods per drink. I use my Nespresso Vertuoline machine to make espresso and it makes it so easy.
- White Chocolate Sauce: I recently ordered sauces from KYYA and they’re really good. I’ve also used Ghirardelli and Torani for years, so really, go with what is available to you and you like.
- Peppermint Syrup: You can buy one or make one. If you make one at home, here’s my easy recipe. Also, the type of peppermint extract here really matters. I’m telling you – one extract will make this taste like toothpaste and another will give it that perfect peppermint flavor for coffee. Use this one if you can.
- Milk of Choice: Lately, I’ve been all about the Califia Farms Barista Blend Oat Milk. It froths so well and is really creamy. But, use whatever works for you here. If you don’t make a request at Starbucks, they traditionally use 2% milk. If you like the way their coffees taste, you can use that as your milk.
- Ice: Yaaaaasss. Ice, ice, baby. I do not brew the coffee over ice, because it melts it and waters it down too much. I brew my espresso into an espresso cup, so that it cools a bit before adding it to the sauces to melt them. By the time you are adding the ice, it’s cooled enough where it won’t melt the ice as quickly.
That’s all. For tools, you’ll need an espresso or Nespresso machine for the shots and then a frother to heat the milk if you’re making it hot. If you’re icing it, you don’t even need a frother.
How To Make the Iced Peppermint White Mocha:
I made a little video that shows you how to make this! Check it out here:
View this post on Instagram
Step by Step Instructions:
- Add 1-2 tbsp. white chocolate sauce to glass
- Add 1 tbsp or LESS peppermint syrup
- Add 2 shots of espresso and stir to combine
- Add 1 cup of ice
- Add 3/4 cup milk of choice
- Add toppings, like whipped cream, sugar sprinkles, crushed candy canes, you name it!
It’s that easy, folks. I shared how to make the peppermint syrup in my video with the peppermint mocha. If you want to see how easy it is, check that out here. Or, for more details, check out my iced peppermint mocha blog post here.
View this post on Instagram
More Starbucks Copycat Drink Recipes:
Want more delicious iced espresso and copycat drink recipes? You might love my ebook!
The ebook is a digital download, which means it’s available as soon as payment is processed. Here are some of the things that are included in the ebook:
- Starbucks copycat recipes
- Viral coffee recipes, like the iced white mocha with vanilla sweet cream and caramel drizzle
- Dunkin’ Butter Pecan copycat
- Dutch Bros copycat recipes – Golden Eagle, Iced Mocha, Caramelizer
- The easy way to get vanilla sweet cream cold foam right EVERY TIME
- Simple syrup recipes with just a few ingredients you can make at home, with less chemicals and added ingredients, for even more delicious coffees
- The best Nespresso espresso pods to buy
- and more!
I hope you found a coffee recipe you love today.