Obsessed with pumpkin spice lattes and want to make them at home? You’ve found the easiest recipe ever. Just a few ingredients and a couple minutes and you’re in business.
This is the first year I’ve really started enjoying pumpkin flavored drinks. The pumpkin sweet cream cold foam is delicious and it’s really easy to make, so I’ve been putting it on classic vanilla lattes and shaken espresso. But, this recipe uses a pumpkin pie syrup that makes it so fast and easy to make a pumpkin spice latte.
Let’s get started.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte: Ingredients
This drink has a few different parts, so here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Espresso Shots: I used two of my favorite Starbucks blonde roast espresso pods. Each makes one espresso shot. This set from Amazon is the best deal I’ve found. A double shot is what I put in a medium or grande size, so that’s two pods per drink. I use my Nespresso Vertuoline machine to make espresso and it makes it so easy.
- Torani Pumpkin Pie Sauce: I used about 1 tbsp of sauce in the sweet cream mixture and it’s delicious.
- Monin Pumpkin Pie Syrup: This is the key to the pumpkin spice latte flavor with very little effort.
- Milk of Choice: Lately, I’ve been all about the Califia Farms Barista Blend Oat Milk. It froths so well and is really creamy. But, use whatever works for you here. If you don’t make a request at Starbucks, they traditionally use 2% milk. If you like the way their coffees taste, you can use that as your milk.
- Heavy Cream: You’ll need heavy cream with your milk of choice to make your sweet cream. You can swap this out if needed, but the sweet cream won’t get the same texture as the sweet cream cold foam used at Starbucks.
- Vanilla Syrup: You can use any vanilla syrup here. I’ve tried several different brands and they’re all good. Linking a favorite. This will go in the sweet cream. You can make your own vanilla syrup quickly, too. Here’s my recipe.
- Ice: Yaaaaasss. Ice, ice, baby. I do not brew the coffee over ice, because it melts it and waters it down too much. I brew my espresso into an espresso cup, so that it cools a bit before adding it to the sauces to melt them. By the time you are adding the ice, it’s cooled enough where it won’t melt the ice as quickly.
Alright, now that you’re ready to go, let’s get this party started. Also, affiliate links are used above, which means at no cost to you, I may receive a commission if you make a purchase through my links. Cheers!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte: Instructions
Alright, now that you have everything out, let’s make the drink! Here’s a quick video I posted on my Instagram that highlights the main process. Scroll down for step-by-step:
View this post on Instagram
- Add 1-2 tbsp pumpkin pie syrup to an espresso shot glass and brew two espresso pods. You can also add the syrup later. I like these espresso shot glasses because they fit the syrup and shots perfectly.
- Fill a 16oz cup with ice, add 3/4 cup oatmilk or milk of choice
- Add syrup and espresso shots and stir
- In a separate glass, mix 4 tbsp. heavy cream, 2 tbsp. oatmilk, 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie sauce and 1 tsp. vanilla and mix until soft set. I have been loving my new milk frother. It makes cold foam in 20-30 seconds.
- Pour over your coffee
- Top with caramel drizzle or pumpkin pie seasoning or whatever you like
It’s that simple, friends. If you love my cute little dome glass, you can find it here.
Want more delicious iced espresso and copycat drink recipes? You might love my ebook!
The ebook is a digital download, which means it’s available as soon as payment is processed. Here are some of the things that are included in the ebook:
- Starbucks copycat recipes
- Viral coffee recipes, like the iced white mocha with vanilla sweet cream and caramel drizzle
- Dunkin’ Butter Pecan copycat
- Dutch Bros copycat recipes – Golden Eagle, Iced Mocha, Caramelizer
- The easy way to get vanilla sweet cream cold foam right EVERY TIME
- Simple syrup recipes with just a few ingredients you can make at home, with less chemicals and added ingredients, for even more delicious coffees
- The best Nespresso espresso pods to buy
- and more!
Hope you’ll try this drink recipe!