Awhile back, I posted about a Starbucks drink going viral on TikTok. It combines caramel, white chocolate, espresso, and sweet cream for a creamy, delicious coffee drink that is sweet and addicting.
It’s taken me awhile to perfect a version at home, but I’m happy to report, I’ve finally nailed it and it’s good, friends, it’s good. I have some hacks to make it easier, too (cough *whipped cream* cough), so if you don’t want to froth milk, you don’t have to.
In fact, I just made this coffee for my friend who stopped by. She was in a total trance the entire time she was drinking it and slurped the whole thing without even sitting down first.
That’s when you know it’s a good coffee, friends.
What’s in an Iced Caramel White Mocha?
There’s only a few ingredients in this masterful drink. Once you start pairing caramel and white chocolate, you won’t be able to stop. It’s seriously underrated.
- White Chocolate Sauce: Ever since I bought this white chocolate sauce, I’ve been making all kinds of drinks with it. White chocolate is just so underrated, but works so well with the flavors in coffee and milk. If you haven’t gotten on board the white mocha train, don’t wait. This is your sign to get some white chocolate sauce and join the group. I typically add around 1-2tbsp to my coffee.
- Caramel Sauce: I like using caramel sauce for this. It adds the perfect, rich caramelly flavor. The hot espresso melts the caramel very quickly, so you won’t have any clumps like you might have in an iced caramel macchiato from Starbucks. I used about 1-2tbsp of this in my drink and I also use the caramel sauce for the drizzle on top of the whipped cream, too.
- Espresso Shots: I used a double espresso Nespresso pod. You can use any espresso or even make shots with instant espresso. The hot coffee melts the caramel and white chocolate sauces. If you make this with cold coffee, it won’t dissolve the sauces and will actually harden them a bit, so it’ll have a very different taste and texture. You could brew strong, hot coffee and use that instead of espresso shots, too. If you do that, brew 8oz of hot, strong coffee. I use my Nespresso Vertuoline machine to make espresso and it makes it so easy.
- Milk of Choice: I used unsweetened oatmilk. Use whatever works for you here. If you don’t make a request at Starbucks, they traditionally use 2% milk. If you like the way their coffees taste, you can use that as your milk.
- Whipped Cream: I used a sweet whipped cream in place of sweet cream to make it faster. You can swap this out and make an actual sweet cream in place of it. To substitute with sweet cream, use a frother to mix 1/4 cup milk, 1tbsp. powdered sugar, and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract and froth.
- Ice: Yaaaaasss. Ice, ice, baby. I do not brew the coffee over ice, because it melts it and waters it down too much. I brew my espresso into an espresso cup, so that it cools a bit before adding it to the sauces to melt them. By the time you are adding the ice, it’s cooled enough where it won’t melt the ice as quickly.
That’s it, folks. It’s quick and easy if you’re making it with whipped cream. If you’re also frothing some sweet cream, then it’ll just another minute or two longer.
Know that affiliate links are used above for products I bought with my own money and love. If you do choose to make a purchase through my links, I may receive a commission at no cost to you. Cheers!
How To Make The Iced Caramel White Mocha:
I shared a little video on my Instagram to walk you through how to make this drink. It’s so, you won’t even believe it. I didn’t measure out my sauces, because I’ve done it enough times now to know how much I like, but if you are measuring, I would start with 1-2 tbsp of each sauce and then see what you think. 2tbsp. of each sauce is going to make the coffee sweeter.
View this post on Instagram
- Start by adding 1-2 tbsp of both caramel and white chocolate sauce to a glass.
- Brew 2 espresso shots and add to the sauces. Stir until combined.
- Add 1 cup of ice
- Add up to one cup of your milk of choice, less if you want it stronger, more if you like it less strong.
- Add either whipped cream or sweet cream on top.
- Drizzle with caramel.
- Drink and enjoy!
Yup. That’ll do it, friends. Just a few steps to creating a coffee drink you’ll want to enjoy over and over again.
OUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED: ICED CARAMEL WHITE MOCHA
CAN I USE ANOTHER MILK BESIDES OATMILK?
Yup, use whatever you have and like in your coffee.
HOW MUCH CAFFEINE IS IN THE ICED CARAMEL WHITE MOCHA?
You’ll have caffeine from the espresso or type of coffee that you use. Typically, one shot of espresso has around 75mg of caffeine. Check out this post for more information on how much caffeine is in the coffee type you drink.
IS THE ICED CARAMEL WHITE MOCHA SWEET?
This drink is on the sweeter side, but you can customize it to your sweetness preference.
CAN THE ICED CARAMEL WHITE MOCHA BE MADE KETO OR LOW CALORIE?
Yes, you can reduce the calories, carbs and sugars by switching the milk for heavy cream and using sugar-free sauces instead. Opt for a heavy cream foam instead of whipped cream as most canned whipped creams are sweetened.
I hope you’ll try this drink. I think you’ll love it. Tag me on Instagram if you make it, so I can celebrate with you!