The iced coffee drink that has taken the internet by storm is clearly the iced white mocha with caramel drizzle and sweet cream cold foam. This drink went TikTok viral as a Starbucks secret menu drink and now you can order some version of it pretty much anywhere, although you’ll pay a premium for all those additions.
Thats why after I tried the TikTok favorite drink (and shared about it here), I decided to hack it at home. To my surprise, it really isn’t that hard and if you have the basic syrups required, it comes together really quickly.
When I shared my version on Instagram, you loved it, too so now I’m sharing it here for all of us to enjoy.
Iced Caramel White Mocha with Sweet Cream: Ingredients
This drink has a few different parts, so here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Espresso Shots: I used a double espresso Nespresso pod. You can use any espresso or even make shots with instant espresso. The hot coffee melts the caramel and white chocolate sauces. If you make this with cold coffee, it won’t dissolve the sauces and will actually harden them a bit, so it’ll have a very different taste and texture. You could brew strong, hot coffee and use that instead of espresso shots, too. If you do that, brew 8oz of hot, strong coffee. I use my Nespresso Vertuoline machine to make espresso and it makes it so easy.
- Caramel Sauce: I used about 2tbsp of caramel sauce here and I have been stuck on the Ghirardelli caramel sauce for awhile. It’s my fave and this is probably because I’ve gotten the salted caramel hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli’s and it’s mind-blowing. However, I’m sure you could use whatever caramels syrup you have on hand and it’ll be similar. A caramel sauce is going to be less calories, but also a little different flavor.
- Milk of Choice: Lately, I’ve been all about the Califia Farms Barista Blend Oat Milk. It froths so well and is really creamy. But, use whatever works for you here. If you don’t make a request at Starbucks, they traditionally use 2% milk. If you like the way their coffees taste, you can use that as your milk.
- Heavy Cream: You’ll need heavy cream with your milk of choice to make your sweet cream. You can swap this out if needed, but the sweet cream won’t get the same texture as the sweet cream cold foam used at Starbucks.
- Vanilla Syrup: I used my own recipe for vanilla simple syrup here, but you can also use a storebought version. I’ve tried several different brands and they’re all good.
- Ice: Yaaaaasss. Ice, ice, baby. I do not brew the coffee over ice, because it melts it and waters it down too much. I brew my espresso into an espresso cup, so that it cools a bit before adding it to the sauces to melt them. By the time you are adding the ice, it’s cooled enough where it won’t melt the ice as quickly.
Alright, now that you’re ready to go, let’s get this party started. Also, affiliate links are used above, which means at no cost to you, I may receive a commission if you make a purchase through my links. Cheers!
How To Make an Iced Caramel White Mocha with Sweet Cream:
I shared this video on Instagram that walks you through it. Scroll down for the step-by-step instructions.
View this post on Instagram
- Mix 2 tbsp. white chocolate sauce with 2 espresso shots. Stir.
- Add ice.
- Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of milk, based on how strong you want the coffee flavor.
- Mix 4 tbsp. heavy cream, 2 tbsp. milk of choice and 1 tbsp vanilla syrup with a mixer for about one minute.
- Pour over the coffee.
- Add caramel drizzle.
You can add caramel drizzle to the glass as well for added caramel flavor. It’s pretty sweet as described above, so adjust the amounts to your preference. Less syrup and milk = more coffee flavor. More syrups and milks = sweeter. The sky is the limit here, friends. Make it your own.
More Coffee Recipes:
Looking for more coffee recipes you’ll love? Check these out.
- Best Iced Caramel Mocha
- 11 Starbucks drinks you can make at home
- Iced butter pecan copycat (dunkin’ coffee)
- Starbucks iced caramel brulee latte copycat
- Best iced Mexican mocha ever