I recently popped in to my local Temple Coffee and they were advertising a new drink – the Capital Cold Brew, which is essentially a coffee soda.
Coffee…soda? This is a new one for me, friends. And, I’ll be honest, it’s not a pairing I have felt like I’ve been missing in my life. But, curiosity got the best of me and I placed my order.
Now, of course, I’ve been converted and keep thinking about how I can recreate this one at home. So, read on friends, while I share all about the new Capital Cold Brew at Temple.
What’s in the Capital Cold Brew at Temple Coffee:
This refreshing summer soda has just four ingredients:
- Cold Brew: Obviously, the heart and soul of the drink is cold brew coffee. Temple uses their Capital Cold Brew blend as the base of their cold brew.
- Topo Chico Sparkling Mineral Water: Add those bubbles, baby
- House-made Vanilla Syrup: Yum, make your own at home in 5 minutes
- Creamy Cold Foam: So easy with a cold milk frother, heavy cream, and vanilla syrup
While the Temple version is delightful, you can easily recreate this drink at home using these four ingredients. To see the full recipe – check out this new blog post! Let’s start with the homemade vanilla syrup. We make most of our own syrups at home now, because they taste better, can be customized exactly how we want it, and have less chemicals/fillers. We’re also not fussy, so we keep the recipes easy using ingredients you probably already have or can find at any store.
How To Make Easy Vanilla Simple Syrup:
You only need three ingredients to make this syrup! Here’s what you need:
Put all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir star occasionally until the sugar is fully dissolved and it’s gently simmering. Don’t reduce too much.
Remove from heat and let it cool a bit before putting it in the bottle. Use a bottle that seals. We bought a set of these glass bottles with chalkboard stickers, but you could use any kind of container with a seal to keep it fresh.
This will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks, but honestly, it won’t last that long! Ours last about a week.
Read more about this recipe in this post.
Easy At-Home Cold Brew:
Making cold brew coffee at home is so easy and we’ll be coming at you with a detailed guide soon, but honestly, you can make it even easier by using store bought cold brew coffee or even a coffee concentrate. Here are some options for you:
- Buy Starbucks Cold Brew – read our full review of it here
- Use Jot concentrated coffee and have iced coffee in less than a minute. Read our full review here.
- Pick up any pre-made cold brew available at your local store, preferably unsweetened and without cream
- Use a cold brew pitcher pack. Just drop into a pitcher full of cold water, place in the fridge over night and have cold brew coffee in the morning. We did a taste test and this one had the best flavor.
*Affiliate links are used here, which means at no cost to you, we may receive a commission if you make a purchase through our links. Win win!
How To Make Sweet Cold Foam:
We watched Temple make ours in a small batch with cream and vanilla using a small handheld frother. We wrote a post with 9 cold milk frothers, including the one that we use, that you can have at home to whip up cold foam in minutes.
If you want your cold foam to be sweet like Temple and Starbucks, add a little bit of heavy whipping cream to a frother or a mixing glass, we’re talking 1/4 cup of less and then a tablespoon or two (or three if you want it really sweet) or the vanilla syrup. Froth until it turns into a soft foam.
Pour over your coffee or coffee soda and drink! Yum!
More Temple Coffee Drinks:
Looking for more drinks to try at Temple Coffee? Check out our post with our favorite 5 drinks at Temple Coffee.
Have you been to Temple? Tell us your favorite drink in the comments below.