The coffee maker I see most often in offices and people’s homes is the Keurig. With a coffee maker for every space, person and need, plus a huge selection of coffee pods from the best coffee houses, it’s easy to see why people are still flocking to the store to get their own Keurig.
Keurig coffee makers are so popular, 42% of American households have their own Keurig machine, which equals 25 million Keurig and K-Cup brewers in homes across the country (source). Wow!
K-Cups are also selling off the shelves, with over 30 billion consumed annually. That’s crazy.
I’ll admit that even though I already have tons of coffee and several types of coffee makers in my house, I am drawn to the Keurig myself, simply because I want to be able to buy all those delicious K-Cup blends offered at the store.
Keurig has made single-serve coffee easy, affordable and tasty. So, if you’ve been looking for the right Keurig for you, get ready, because I’ve rounded up the best 9 Keurig coffee makers and am breaking down who each machine is perfect for.
9 Best Keurig Coffee Makers for Every Person:
Best Overall on a Budget: Keurig K-Elite with Iced Coffee Capability
Best Overall – Splurge: Keurig K-Cafe Smart with Brew ID for Pod Coffee, Latte & Cappuccino
Best For Small Space on a Budget: Keurig Mini – available in lots of fun colors
Best Special Edition: Keurig & Jonathan Adler Mini
Best for Options: Keurig Duo Single Serve and 12-Cup Drip Coffee Brewer
Best for Commercial/Office Spaces: Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Coffee Maker
Best for Technology Lovers: Keurig K-Supreme Plus Smart with Multi-Stream Technology and 78-oz Reservoir
Best for Foam Lovers: Keurig K-Cafe Latte & Cappuccino Maker, comes with Dishwasher Safe Milk Frother
Best for Small Spaces – Splurge: K-Slim with 3 cup sizes and Multi-Stream Technology and Water Reservoir
If you’re looking for even more information, keep reading!
*Affiliate links are used here, which means at no cost to you, I may receive a commission if you make a purchase through my links. Cheers!
6 Best Places to Buy a Keurig Coffee Maker:
All the links above are Amazon, but that’s not the only place to pick up your Keurig. When it comes to appliances, I like to shop places that fit a few criteria:
- Easy returns. This is a must. Some appliances are just lemons or the object gets damaged in transit. You want a retailer with an easy return policy so you can get a replacement. This means shopping local is going to be a great way to go here or using a retailer like Amazon that has a great return policy.
- Shop the Keurig Store directly. Don’t buy from independent retailers who are selling a few Keurig’s they got on a great deal. It’s going to be a headache to get a replacement if something happens, so shop the Keurig Store on Amazon or the Keurig store online for more protection.
- Competitive Prices. Obviously, you don’t want to overpay for your machine.
With this in mind, here are the places I would personally consider when buying a Keurig machine:
- Target. Most of us live near one and that makes returns super easy. You can ship items back, too, without too much headache.
- Walmart. Same story as Target, but you may live closer to Walmart or prefer their customer service.
- Keurig. I like to shop brands directly sometimes, too. You can usually contact customer service directly if you’re having any issues. Keurig has a ton of great options on their site, too, such as subscriptions that save you a bunch of money.
- Amazon. Shop the Keurig store on Amazon for the best bet.
- Kohls. I’ve seen some great deals on the Keurig at Kohl’s over the years.
- Best Buy. They run some great deals and have a good selection online. Plus, they also have exclusives, like this gorgeous brushed copper Keurig K-Elite only available at Best Buy.
Checking out different retailers can be helpful, too, if you’re looking for a certain color or design. Some websites are going to carry special edition colors you can’t get anywhere else.
What is a Keurig Smart Coffee Maker?
If you’re thinking what I’m thinking, it’s – what is this SMART technology they keep talking about with the Keurig coffee maker? I had to find out for myself.
Turns out, they’re pretty smart (pun intended). You can connect your Keurig to the app via WiFi, so you can save your preferences, including cup size and strength. You can even start your coffee brewing straight from your phone, while laying in bed.
I love adding functionality like this, so it would be a selling point for me. But, if you’re not inclined to use the app, this might be an area where you can save some money on a Keurig without smart technology.
What is Keurig Multi-Stream Technology?
Another feature some of the coffee makers have is the multi-stream technology. I wasn’t exactly sure what that was either, so I did some research. Multi-stream means that your pod is saturated with multiple streams of water, via 5 entrance needles into the pod, instead of the usual one stream/needle that other Keurig machines use.
Reviewers say that this noticeably enhances the flavor of the coffee and also makes it taste much stronger. I remember the very early days of Keurig machines when the coffee flavor could certainly be described as weak. They’ve made major upgrades to their coffee makers over the years to produce much stronger, full bodied coffee drinks and multi-stream technology is one of their latest innovations.
5 Tips for Choosing The Right Keurig for You:
So, which Keurig hits the sweet spot for you? Let’s discuss some of the things you may want to consider:
- Water: Some machines have a larger water reservoir than others. This is something to consider if you are making a lot of coffee, are sharing the machine with others, or just don’t want to refill the water as often. I like having a larger water reservoir on my pod coffee machine, so to me this is an important factor. Of course, having a larger water reservoir does make the machine larger and thus takes up more space.
- Space: Yup, gotta consider how much space you have. If we’re talking about a college dorm room or an apartment, you’ll probably want to consider the Mini or the K-Slim. If you have a little more space, you can upgrade to a larger machine with more features. Some people are using the machines in RVs when they travel, so again, counter space is precious real estate. Consider how much space you have and if you’ll be leaving your machine out on the counter.
- Drink Options: Some are going to brew regular hot coffee pods and that’s about it. Others offer dual features, like a single serve pod or a 12-cup carafe of coffee. Others have frothers and other gadgets that allow you to make coffeehouse favorites like lattes and cappuccinos. And, of course other machines give you more iced coffee options. Consider what you like to drink most and how many options you’d like to have.
- Technology: Some are going to be low tech and easy. Pop in a pod and some water: voila! Coffee is made. Others use smart technology that connects to an app on your phone or multi-stream technology for a richer, bolder coffee flavor. What technology – if any – is important to you?
- Usage: Some machines are going to handle the masses better than others. If you’re going to be sharing this machine with a whole gaggle of serious coffee drinkers, you’ll want a more robust machine that can stand up to that kind of traffic. You may even want to go for the commercial machine.
With some thought on these 5 things, you should be able to narrow down your Keurig search pretty quickly and settle on the machine that is just right for you, your space, and your coffee consumption.
My favorite Keurig coffee maker on this list is the new K-Cafe Smart with Brew ID. I love making mixed drinks and so that would be my personal pick. But, I know several people who are in a deep, committed relationship with their Keurig K-Elite.
The most important thing is that you find the right one for you. Or, if you’re shopping for a different kind of machine, maybe you’ll like these posts:
- 9 best Nespresso machines ranked
- 10 exquisite high end coffee makers that are like having your own barista
- Is the Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Kettle Worth It? We found out!
- 16 best Nespresso Vertuo pods and my #1 pick
Hope you found something you love today.