If you saw my last post with my new homemade brown sugar cinnamon syrup, you probably knew this one was coming! I am obsessed with making coffees with this syrup now. If you love sweet cinnamon iced coffees, then you have got to try this, because it just takes the flavor profile up a notch.
You don’t have to make your own brown sugar cinnamon syrup to make this coffee, but it certainly helps – because you won’t even have to leave your house or wait for your Amazon order to arrive to make this. If you don’t want the hassle, you can grab the Torani brown sugar cinnamon syrup, which is the best tasting pre-made one I’ve found.
Alright, let’s take a look at what you need to make this delicious coffee recipe!
*Affiliate links are used in this post for products I bought with my own money and recommend. If you choose to make a purchase through my links, I may receive a commission at no cost to you. Cheers!
Iced Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coffee: Ingredients
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup – This is, undoubtedly, the star of this coffee drink. If you’re a fan of the brown sugar coffee movement, you’re going to love this one. The dash of cinnamon adds just a little extra flare that is perfect for those of us who love drinks like the Cinnamon Dolce Latte and the Peet’s Horchata Latte. I used 2 tbsp. in the coffee and another tbsp in the milk that I frothed. Add more for sweeter, less for more coffee flavor.
- Coffee – You have options here and they’re all good. Use cold brew coffee for a quick and easy coffee. I did a round-up taste test of popular cold brew brands, find out which one was the best here. You can also use espresso shots, 2 is typical for a 16oz or medium-sized glass. You can use iced coffee, too, just make sure it’s strongly brewed or it’ll get watered down pretty quick. In my video here, I made espresso shots with my Nespresso Vertuoline machine and the Starbucks Nespresso espresso pods. Or I like the Ice Leggero double espresso pods.
- Milk of Choice – I used half ‘n half in my video here and it was delicious. I’ve also used oatmilk, which is also great. Use any milk you prefer here. You need about 1/2 cup to maybe a cup of milk here.
- Ice – Ice, ice, baby. Get that ice.
That is it, folks. It’s a short list of ingredients for this magical beverage. And, it only takes a couple of minutes to make it. Literally, could not be easier. Let’s check out how to put it together.
How To Make The Iced Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coffee:
Once you have all of your ingredients prepared, this is going to come together really quickly. Here’s what you’re going to do:
- Start by adding your ice to a glass.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the brown sugar cinnamon syrup to the glass – more for sweeter, less for less sweet
- Then, add your cold brew coffee or your espresso shots to the glass
- Next, froth your milk with 1 tbsp of the brown sugar cinnamon syrup.
- Pour your milk over your coffee mixture
- Add a dash of cinnamon on top if you like – can also add whip or other toppings.
- Drink and enjoy!
If you don’t have a milk frother, there are great options from $20 and up. Check out this post with my favorites.
I used to be nervous to make my own drinks at home, thinking that they wouldn’t be that good. Once I started trying some of them, I realized how easy they are to make, but also – how fun it is to customize them to exactly what I want AND save some money! I hope you’ll be inspired to try making this one at home. I think you’ll love it.
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup:
If you are going to make your syrup for this drink, you’ll need a few ingredients and about 15 minutes to put this together. I wrote an entire post that goes into a lot of detail on how to make this syrup here.
Here’s a quick recap if you want the elevator version:
- Take your ingredients: one cup light brown sugar, one cup water, and 2 cinnamon sticks
- Add water and sugar to a saucepan and allow to simmer on medium-to-high heat until dissolved
- Add 2 cinnamon sticks and turn heat down to medium low. No boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Stir. Take off heat and let it cool.
- Add to a glass bottle and store in the fridge!
Questions? I bet I answer them in this post here.
Want to make it even easier? Order your brown sugar cinnamon syrup on Amazon.
More Easy Coffee Recipes:
- The best iced mocha recipe ever
- Easy Upside Down Dalgona Coffee (whipped coffee)
- Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato Copycat with Nespresso
- Easy vanilla caramel affogato recipe
- Nespresso Iced Coffee with Vanilla Sweet Cream
- 9 Nespresso Iced Coffee Recipes
- 7 Hot Nespresso Recipes
Hope you’ll try this recipe. I’ll be back with a delicious honey oatmilk latte recipe soon that’ll knock your socks off.