If you’re a fan of nutella and hazelnut, you’re going to love this easy and delicious iced hazelnut latte with chocolate hazelnut cold foam recipe.
The ingredient list is short and this whipped together in no time at all. The flavors profile is so good, thanks to hazelnut syrup in the coffee and then chocolate hazelnut sauce in the cold foam. The perfect drink for fans of Nutella, the chocolate cream cold foam from Starbucks, and drinks like Campout Cold Brew at Dutch Bros.
Let’s check out how to make it.
Iced Hazelnut Latte with Chocolate Hazelnut Cold Foam: Ingredients
It really doesn’t take much to make this delicious drink and there are substitutions you can make if you don’t have all of these ingredients.
- Espresso Shots: I used a double espresso Nespresso pod. You can use any espresso or even make shots with instant espresso. You can swap this out for cold brew, too. I use my Nespresso Vertuoline machine to make espresso and it makes it so easy. You can sub this out for really strongly brewed coffee. If you use cold brew coffee, cut back on the amount of added milk or it’ll be watered down.
- Hazelnut Syrup: I used the last of my Monin hazelnut syrup. So good, people. I’ve recently been trying out all sorts of new syrups and got some sample packs of Monin syrups. Many of them are delicious and will become regulars in my rotation.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce: This is delicious. I love this particular sauce. You could use this sauce in the drink as well, if you only wanted to buy one of them, but make sure to use the espresso shots to melt the sauce so it doesn’t stay at the bottom of the glass.
- Oatmilk: I use oatmilk in my coffees now. I like the slightly nutty flavor and how it works with the coffee. I’m also working on reducing dairy, so this makes it easy. I use this as the milk in the heavy whipping cream as well. You can swap this out for whatever milk or milk substitute you prefer.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: You’ll need 4 tbsp of this for the cold foam.
- Ice: Yaaaaasss. Ice, ice, baby. I do not brew the coffee over ice, because it melts it and waters it down too much. I brew my espresso into an espresso cup, so that it cools a bit before adding it to the sauces to melt them. By the time you are adding the ice, it’s cooled enough where it won’t melt the ice as quickly.
- Toppings like chocolate hazelnut drizzle are delicious on this.
How To Make an Iced Hazelnut Latte with Chocolate Hazelnut Cold Foam
Alright, now that you’ve got all your ingredients set out, let’s get to work. Don’t brew those espresso shots until you’re ready to get started. You want it to really. meld with the syrups. In fact, I like to brew my espresso right on top of my sauces and syrups to help them blend. Getting an extra deep espresso shot glass makes this easier. I recently picked up these ones, that you see in the video below, and they are my new favorite.
I’ve also started using a milk frother to froth my espresso shots. This gives them that light airy texture you can get from shaking, without having to use and clean my shaker. Since I’m already using the frother for the cold foam, it cuts down on what I need to use and clean.
Here’s a quick video I shared on putting this drink together:
View this post on Instagram
Step By Step Instructions:
- Add 1-2 tbsp hazelnut syrup to your shot glass
- Brew 2 espresso shots
- Add to glass or shaker. Froth or shake. Or, you can just pour the mixture over ice.
- Add 3/4 cup oatmilk
- Froth 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream, 2 tbsp milk, and 1 tbsp chocolate hazelnut syrup for 30 seconds – 1 minute or soft set
- Pour over coffee. Enjoy!
Once you start figuring out the amounts of ingredients, it’s easy to swap them out to create new drinks or to perfect the drinks to your taste. The longer I make my own drinks at home, the less I go out and buy them elsewhere.
I hope you’ll try this recipe out soon. If you’re looking for more recipe drinks to try, check out my espresso/Nespresso compatible ebook:
The ebook is a digital download, which means it’s available as soon as payment is processed. Here are some of the things that are included in the ebook:
- Starbucks copycat recipes
- Viral coffee recipes, like the iced white mocha with vanilla sweet cream and caramel drizzle
- Dunkin’ Butter Pecan copycat
- Dutch Bros copycat recipes – Golden Eagle, Iced Mocha, Caramelizer
- The easy way to get vanilla sweet cream cold foam right EVERY TIME
- Simple syrup recipes with just a few ingredients you can make at home, with less chemicals and added ingredients, for even more delicious coffees
- The best Nespresso espresso pods to buy
- and more!
Get roasted friends,