I first learned about the Puppuccino at Dutch Bros. My beautiful black lab was happily panting in the seat next to me while I ordered my coffee and the broista said – “Hey, would you like a free Puppuccino?”
My response? Absolutely, I would.
When I saw my pups reaction to the simple treat – I knew it was a big win. Now, whenever I drive through Starbucks or Dutch Bros, I’m sure to ask for this free drink made just for pups.
So, today I’mg going to share all about the Pupuccino, how to order it and where you can get it!
What Is The Puppuccino?
The Puppuccino – pronounced PUP – UH – CHEEN – O – is a sweet treat for furry friends. It is simply an espresso sized cup filled with whip cream and, sometimes, topped with little dog cookies.
Dutch Bros usually tops it with a dog bone shaped cookie and Starbucks usually just does the whipped cream. Either way, your dog is going to love it.
Which Coffee Shops Serve a Puppuccino?
You could probably ask for a Puppuccino at any coffee shop, but they may not all be free. Some may charge a small amount for the side of whip cream and other shops may not know what it is.
If they’re not familiar with the Puppuccino, just let them know you’d like whip cream in their smallest sized cup and that’s it.
For the coffee shops that definitely serve the Puppuccino, here’s a list:
- Starbucks: Yup, the Puppuccino is the only item on the doggie secret menu and it is free! According to this post, the Puppuccino is one of the most requested secret menu items they have!
- Dutch Bros: This is the first place where we had our very first Puppuccino. Dutch Bros usually puts little bone shaped dog cookies on top, too, which my dog thinks are delicious!
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Rumor has it, Dunkin’ is in on the Puppuccino, too.
- Peet’s Coffee: They’re happy to treat your pet at Peet’s – just as for whipped cream in their smallest size cup.
- Local Coffee Shops: I find that most local shops are very dog-friendly and happy to offer them a sweet treat or cup of water.
How To Order a Puppuccino:
Ordering a Puppuccino is so simple, you would just say, “I’d like a Puppuccino for my pet, please.” If they barista looks confused, explain that it’s just whip cream in their smallest sized cup.
While some will do this for free, there are some that may charge a small amount for the extra whip. Either way, the look on your happy pup’s face will be worth it.
Are Puppuccino’s Safe for Pets?
Since the Puppuccino is just one thing – whipped cream – it is generally safe for pets in small quantities. A small, espresso sized cup shouldn’t upset their stomach, unless you know that they are sensitive to dairy.
If your dog is prone to allergies or is on a special diet, you may want to refrain from the Puppuccino for now and try giving them just a small amount of whipped cream to test. If they tolerate that well, then they are probably good to go. Not sure? Ask your vet!
What’s In Starbucks Whipped Cream?
If you’re curious what’s in that whip, it’s just cream and vanilla syrup. The touch of sweetness comes from the sugar added to the vanilla syrup. To get a similar flavor with your whip at home, use our recipe for homemade vanilla syrup and add a dash to your heavy whipping cream before whipping it up!
More Starbucks Menu Items:
Looking for more Starbucks drinks to try? We’ve got you! Check out these posts:
- The TikTok Viral Starbucks Iced White Mocha Drink
- 14 Best Starbucks Iced Coffee Drinks
- All your questions about Starbucks nitro cold brew answered!
- The definitive guide to the Starbucks Chai Tea Latte
- 3 strawberry drinks at Starbucks that are berry good!
- Why you need a Starbucks Iced London Fog stat.
- Stabucks Cup Sizes – What Do They Mean?
Thanks for reading! If you get a puppuccino, take your picture on social media @whatthefrothblog!