After Dutch Bros unveiled their new Cookie Dough Cold Brew, I went on the hunt to find the magical syrup they were using for this delicious drink. Turns out, you can buy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough syrup (who knew?) and make one of these at home.
While DB uses chocolate milk in theirs, I’ve used both chocolate milk and half ‘n half and they’re both good. In fact, the half ‘n half combined with the syrup creates a sweet cream layer on top that is scrumptious.
I’ve also tried it with a few different types of coffee, so if you don’t have cold brew – don’t fret my pet. We can still get you a drink similar to the cookie dough cold brew that you will go gaga for.
Let’s talk about what you need to make your new favorite drink:
Cookie Dough Cold Brew Ingredients:
Just a few ingredients and you’re in business:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Syrup – No way around this one, it’s the star of the show here. I bought mine on Amazon and it was a huge bottle. Thank goodness, because I plan to make a lot of these.
- Coffee – There are options here. You need about 8 ounces of iced coffee or cold brew. Any kind will work. To read my cold brew taste test, go here. Also, I’ve used concentrated coffee diluted in water, such as Jot or Cometeer. In my video on Instagram, I used Cometeer (get $20 off here). In all versions, the drink was delicious. If you’d like to try Jot or Cometeer at a discount, check out this post where I compare both of them and offer you exclusive deals on both of them.
- Milk of Choice – You’ll need milk for foam. I used half ‘n half for the creamer, because it gives the coffee a texture similar to the Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew. Sometimes, I switch this out for regular oatmilk or chocolate milk. Just depends on how I’m feeling that day.
- Ice – Ice, ice, baby.
That’s it! A short list for this one. As far as equipment, you only really need a frother of some kind. I have used both hand frothers and my Nespresso Aeroccino. If you don’t have a frother, just mix the cream and syrup together and pour over. If you’re in the market for a frother, check out my post with recommendations from $20 and up.
*Affiliate links are used here for products I use and love. If you do make a purchase through my links, I may receive a commission at no cost to you.
Cookie Dough Cold Brew: Step-by-Step Instructions
Time to put this baby together. It’s going to blow you away how easy it is. Here’s a quick video to walk you through it:
- Start by pouring or making up to 8 ounces of coffee, such as cold brew, Cometeer, Jot, etc.
- Add 1-2tbsp of cookie dough syrup (I used 2)
- Add 1/4 cup milk to frother with 1-2tbsp syrup (I used 1). Lightly froth or stir.
- Add foam to coffee
- Stir – or not.
- Drink and enjoy!
Super easy, friends. We’re talking 60 seconds, tops, and you’re sipping happily. You can’t beat that, no matter how close you live to a drive through coffee house.
Are you a fan of the new cookie dough flavored coffees? I think they’re so good. If you’d like to try more sweet coffee drinks at Dutch Bros, check out this post with 10 of my favorites.